The Cotswold Water Park has become a very popular tourist destination for many and it is easy to see why. Having been a best kept secret for years it now attracts visitors from all over as it offers so much for everyone in a beautiful area. There is a great choice places to stay right on the water with many enjoying a short romantic break away or weekend get together as well as being ideal for family holidays.
With over 150 lakes spread over 40 square miles the Cotswold Water Park covers 14 different Cotswold villages and includes a wide range of leisure activities, watersports, fishing, nature reserves and many lovely country pubs and local restaurants.
A number of the lakes offer some excellent self-catering lakeside holiday cottages and lodges. These can provide various additional options such as on site facilities including, heated swimming pool, tennis, spa access and some excellent fishing (lake development dependent).
Close to the lovely old market town of Cirencester and north of Swindon and only 90 miles from London it is very easily accessible by road and train.
There are many things to do in and about the Cotswold Water Park, these include:
- Watersports – Sailing, windsurfing, canoeing, paddle-boarding, etc.
- Water-skiing & Wakeboarding
- Fishing - huge choice of specialist fishing lakes
- Cycling - many marked cycle paths & trails
- Walking - great network of footpaths & nature trails
- Wildlife & nature reserves
- Birdwatching - wonderful wetland habitats & hides to view
- Great choice of pubs and restaurants
- Swimming - Cotswold Country Park & Beach
- Market towns and pretty Cotswold villages
- Easy access to the beautiful Cotswold region
For a map of all the various lakeside holiday cottage and lodge developments, watersports, local facilities, etc. Do click here to see our Cotswold Water Park interactive map.
Top 10 things to do in the Cotswold Water Park