AROUND & ABOUT
Our lakeside holiday cottages are glorious havens for you to relax in, but they’re also set amongst some of the most stunning Cotswold countryside with a fabulous range of attractions and activities in and around the Cotswold Water Park. Here’s just a few ideas check out the web links for more details.
For a map of all the various lakeside holiday cottage and lodge developments, watersports, local facilities, etc. do click here for our Cotswold Water Park interactive map to show where everything is.
The Cotswold Range – How good is your aim?
Fancy something completely different? How about paying a visit to The Cotswold Range and try your hand at archery or shooting with air riles. Personal tuition with GB and NSRA qualified instructors. Perfect for beginners. Open all year round and just a stones throw from your holiday property. For more information, click on the link below or call 01285 700320.
Wet and Wild – Lakeside Ski & Wake
If you don’t mind getting a little wet, why not try some of the water sports available on Spring Lake? Youngsters can learn to water ski as young as 3 years old, but there’s also plenty to do for the more experienced pro looking for some competition. Or for the less serious amongst us, try the fun inflatable rides. Fast, furious, and an almost guaranteed soaking, have a go at the Ringos, Stingray, the Banana, or the U.F.O. Holding on is highly recommended! For more information try the website below or watch the video on our Spring Lake page here.
Welly Fun – Adam Henson’s Cotswold Farm Park
If your party has some little ones in tow, this might be more your style. Countryfile’s Adam Henson owns and runs the Cotswold Farm Park, the home of 50 flocks of herds and rare breeds. This is a working farm with a twist! Families can interact with animals in the Touch Barn, or, depending on the season, watching live lambing in the Demo Barn. There are also battery operated mini-tractors, to let your children test their tractor skills, a giant jumping pillow, an adventure playground, the Cotswold Lion Maze and a farm safari. Let the family see what modern farming is all about.
“Giddyup” – Cerney Equestrian Centre
Are you in the Cotswold’s on holiday and are your children mad for ponies? The Clip Clop Club is a great way to amuse your children while you explore the area. Get them involved Clip Clop Club. Every Sunday morning from10am – 12pm we hold a 2-hour session where children can ride for an hour in a group lesson, working on their riding skills, and then take part in an hour of fun instructed stable management and yard duties. For more information visit their website or call 01285 869 003.
Take a walk on the wild side – Cotswold Wildlife Park and Gardens
This really is the jewel in the crown for family outdoor activity, with over 160 rolling acres hosting 250 species of animals and insects. From meerkats to monkeys, leopards to lizards, rhinos to spiders plus everything else in between. You can literally spend the whole day here and still not cover it all, especially if the children lead you astray on the adventure playgrounds. Once they’ve had a chance to let off steam, let the model railway take the strain as it trundles its way around the park, an ideal opportunity for you to check what you’ve missed, in readiness for next time around. The grounds of the park are exceptionally well manicured, presenting the perfect location for a spot of picnicking and sunbathing.
Below are some other ideas for places to visit and things to do, all within roughly one hour of your luxury holiday home.
- Combat Splat www.combatsplat.com
- Go-By-Cycle www.go-by-cycle.co.uk
- Cotswold Country Park and Beach www.waterpark.org
- South Cerney Outdoor Education Centre www.southcerneyoutdoor.co.uk
- RUSH Indoor Skate Park www.rushskatepark.co.uk
- Swindon Designer Outlet www.mcarthurglen.com
- Gloucester Quays Factory Outlet www.gloucesterquays.co.uk
- Gloucester Antiques Centre www.gloucesterquays.co.uk
Historic Places of Interest
- Sudeley Castle www.sudeleycastle.co.uk
- The Roman Baths www.romanbaths.co.uk
- Blenheim Palace www.blenheimpalace.com
- Avebury Stone Circle www.nationaltrust.org.uk
- Stonehenge www.english-heritage.org.uk
- Chedworth Roman Villa www.nationaltrust.org.uk
- Swindon and Cricklade Railway www.swindon-cricklade-railway.org
- Westonbirt Arboretum www.forestry.gov.uk
- Bourton Model Railway www.bourtonmodelrailway.co.uk
- Butts Farm www.buttsfarmrarebreeds.co.uk
- Cineworld www.cineworld.co.uk
- Force Brewery www.forcebrewery.com